Franck Haise has been introduced to the media this Wednesday as Rennes‘ new head coach. The former RC Lens manager has put pen to paper over a contract set to expire at the end of the 2026-2027 Ligue 1 season. Haise replaces Habib Beye, who has been dismissed last week. The former Senegal international full-back is expected to sign for Olympique de Marseille shortly.
Haise is back in Ligue 1 after a contrasted 18-month tenure at OGC Nice. The 54-year-year old head coach led Les Aiglons fourth place in his debut season, but everything quickly unravelled in his sophomore campaign at the Allianz Riviera with a run of poor results both in Ligue 1 and in Europe. Haise was close to leaving Nice in the aftermath of the fan ambush on November 30. Haise was eventually relieved of his duties in late December, but his break only lasted two months.
“It clearly did me good“, Haise said on Wednesday at Rennes’ Roazhon Park. “I’m coming back with plenty of enthusiasm and energy.” The 54-year-old head coach added that he took the time to look back on what he could, and should, have donner better at INEOS-owned Nice.
“When something clicks, there are many reasons why, and it’s the same when something doesn’t work. I believe that, at some point, I should have focused all my energy on the team“, Haise said. “If I lacked positive energy to better help my team over those last few months or weeks, that’s because I wasted part of it on aspects I had no control on.“
GFFN | Bastien Cheval – reporting from Rennes
About Author
You may also like
-
Lille’s André Gomes ‘set to leave’ Lille, nearing signing in MLS
-
Official I RC Lens loan Jeremy Agbonifo to BK Häcken
-
Habib Beye officially sacked by Stade Rennais, in negotiations with Marseille
-
Liverpool target Morgan Rogers is wanted by Paris Saint-Germain
-
Liverpool target Morgan Rogers is wanted by Paris Saint-Germain